The Orb Marketing Team was heads down in February working on the following:
February Launches & Announcements
Generalized Boosted Pools Launch
- Created a coordinated comms plan for Balancer Generalized Boosted Pools Launch.
- Wrote the Boosted Pools announcement article
- Created a unique graphic highlighting the DeFi legos narrative
- Ran a Twitter launch campaign receiving aggregate 25k impressions
Balancer Great Migration
- Worked with the internal team to create Balancer Great Migration FAQ/ announcement around the mitigation of Balancer disabling protocol fees for many liquidity pools.
- Worked with external design to create a unique graphic
- Ran a Twitter announcement campaign with aggregate 40k impressions
DeFi Fist Bump Campaign
- Ran a Twitter campaign with 20+ major protocols changing the narrative of DeFi amidst the CeFi crashes
- Balancer took the lead on writing the press release
- Balancer took the lead in pitching the campaign to web3 media
- Tweets about campaign received aggregate 120k impressions on Balancer’s twitter
- 15 pieces of media coverage from publications like The Defiant and Yahoo
- 2.5M estimated views of coverage
- Full coverage book HERE
Twitter Metrics - Feb. Summary
Orb marketing has been actively creating more long form content that has helped to increase Twitter engagement.
- Protocol Pools thread - 7k impressions
- Balancer LBPs and the Akita Inu Saga thread - 8k impressions
- Generalized Boosted Pools - 8k impressions
Ongoing Twitter Campaigns
- Weekly Ethereum Staking Updates
- Balancer Gov Recaps
- [Upcoming] Beers With Balancer Podcast
- Boosted Pools partner marketing - Worked with Euler, Gearbox, Frax, and a number of grantees on coordination around the launch of generalized Boosted Pools
- Balancer <> Enzyme - Supported Enzyme’s integration of Balancer Pools onto their platform.
- Balancer <> Gnosis - Brainstorming and starting work on an article for the Gnosis launch. Created a unique GIF to go with the announcement.
- Balancer <> Aura - Continued conversations and support with Aura’s Twitter content
- Balancer <> LongSwap - Supported their TWAMMs announcement
- Balancer <> Coinbase - Met with the Coinbase team to discuss Base launch support. Created original tweet content to coincide with the launch
- Balancer <> Aave - Supported Aave’s GHO announcement with original tweet copy and an in-depth Twitter Thread
- Balancer <> Pendle - Continued support around Pendle’s integration of Balancer tech
- AMA with Polygon, Aave, and GiddyDeFi - Discussed Balancer Boosted Pools
Developer Relations Feedback Sessions and Support
- Dynamo feedback user interview and associated report
- Support session with VendingMachine for their future LSD launch on Balancer
- EigenPhi meeting about the integration of their analytics platform with Balancer
Other Dev Rel
- Crafting a hackathon strategy for Q2
- Contributions to the new website for documentation
- “Balancer LBPs and the Akita Inu Saga” case study; After the case study was published, the Akita Inu team got in touch to migrate their liquidity from Uniswap to Balancer
- Logic Error Bug Fix Review
- “Introducing Balancer’s 80/20 BPT launchpad” article ready to publish
- “Understanding Balancer: The Flexible Building Block for Programmable Liquidity” published on Dev.to (community of 997,454 devs)
- Blockworks Speaking Opp - Got Fernando a spot on blockworks’ podcast with Chris Burniske
- Balancer Shakes Off Rivals’ Shadow With Novel Strategy - The Defiant
- Top 10 Most Promising DeFi Projects and Platforms to Watch in 2023 - Bitcoinist
- Liquidity Mining in 2023: A Look at 1inch, Uniswap, SushiSwap, Curve, and Balancer - BeInCrypto
- A crypto revival - Flipsidecrypto Substack
Boots on the ground at ETHDenver
ETHDenver Buidl Week: Feb 25 -March 1
- Bianca attended the CampBUIDL at the CSU and the BuildStation at the SPORK Castle networking with builders, projects, and partners.
- Bianca met with different teams presenting at ETHDenver building, planning to start building on Balancer, or interested in Balancer (examples include: Autonolas, Alchemix, ProtoCap, Raleon, Autonomynetwork, and Hysland Finance).
- Bianca participated in Encode Club’s Dev Rel event with 50 other dev rels, establishing connections for future partnerships and collaborations, and discussed future hackathon strategy with Encode Club.
EduDAO - March 2
- Bianca met with students from top universities such as Berkeley, Oxford, Harvard, and MIT. Discussed building on Balancer and future Balancer presentations for university blockchain societies; brainstormed on their projects for the hackathon
Balancer Bus Event - March 3
- In place of an expensive sponsorship or costly event (a sponsorship/booth runs around $40k for ETHDenver), Balancer rented a bus and shuttled ETHDenver attendees from the conference center to two highly trafficked hotels.
- Event Cost Breakdown:
- Swag: $4200
- Bus Rental: $3,168
- Bus magnets, decorations, misc: $998
- Total cost: $8366
- Campaign Overview:
- Worked with a designer to create a 5-day campaign before ETHDenver, increasing awareness around the Balancer Bus. The Campaign received an avg of 6k impressions per tweet.
- Ran a Galxe campaign on the day of the Balancer Bus which received 20k impressions.
- Shuttled ~400 conference attendees to and from the National Western complex. Handed out over 600 pieces of swag, each shirt has a trackable link and through UTMs and we will be able to see how many conference attendees went to our website.
Take Back Your Ownership - March 4
- Co-hosted a networking happy hour with Superfuid, Gnosis Chain, Push Protocol, and Safe.
- Head of Dev Rel, Bianca, gave a successful presentation on Decentralized Governance
- Over 1500 people signed up for the event, around 250 attended overall (the space could only hold 250 people).
Four On-stage Presentations at ETHDenver 2023
- “Security in web3: a series of unfortunate events,” on the DeFi Stage
- “The State of DevRel in Web3” - A panel with dev rels from Aave, Polygon, and Alchemy
- “Decentralized Governance”
- “Revolutionizing Liquidity Infrastructure” presentation for DeFi Denver