Snapshot profile: governance.karpatkey.eth
Delegate Address: 0x8787FC2De4De95c53e5E3a4e5459247D9773ea52
I have read and understood the Delegate process: Yes
I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Yes
Languages I speak/write: English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
karpatkey is a DeFi-native organisation specialising in professional DAO finance through industry-leading research and tooling since 2020. We’ve been working with Balancer, CoW Protocol, ENS, GnosisDAO, and Lido on financial planning, operations, and strategy, diversifying their treasuries into sustainable portfolios of DeFi investments designed to support DAOs in executing their missions.
We believe in the world’s transition into trust-minimised, permissionless, and composable capital markets built on public networks and open-source software. DeFi will reshape the structure of modern finance, and we want to accelerate this by bridging both worlds.
karpatkey’s governance team taps our network of engineers, DeFi strategists, data/financial/quant analysts, and accountants for subject matter expertise. As DAO treasury developers and contributors to some of our industry’s most reputable DeFi protocols, our team has the knowledge, trust, and alignment to contribute to Balancer’s growth moving forward. Check out our values to understand our guiding and decision-making principles.
We take pride in differentiating ourselves by being a hands-on delegate, leveraging our unique position in assembling a DeFi block of DAOs with similar values.
In addition to our work as Treasury Manager, we have a proven track record of familiarity with the Balancer governance process. We’ve authored and submitted several BIPs and external DAO proposals, all strategically beneficial to the Balancer ecosystem.
- [BIP-103] karpatkey Balancer Treasury CU Proposal Update: Provides limited delegation of the Balancer treasury to karpatkey DAO in a non-custodial, trust-minimised way.
- [BIP-162] karpatkey Investment Strategy: Introduces initial non-custodial treasury management plan.
- [BIP-273] Permissions Preset Update Request #1: Updates the Zodiac Roles Modifier permissions to allow for improving swap efficiency on Uniswap, increased liquidity on the WBTC-WETH pool on Uniswap v3, and implemented a more detailed scoping of swaps in Balancer pools.
- [BIP-442] Permissions Preset Update Request #2: Introduces additional Zodiac Roles Modifier permissions and strategies aiming to enhance the treasury’s performance, adaptability, and diversification.
- [BIP-447] Replace gauges in Gnosis to maximise capital efficiency [Gnosis]: Replace the gauges for pools using DAI for sDAI, and agEUR for stEUR to maximise capital efficiency.
- [BIP-473] Permissions Preset Update Request #2 (Revised version of BIP-442) : Routine permission request to update Zodiac Roles Modifier permissions expanding on BIP-442.
- We authored an [AIP-352] on AAVE Governance to build an aligned long-term strategic positioning of the Aave DAO within Balancer. This proposal made Balancer the primary liquidity pools for GHO, and established AAVE as an important supporter of the Balancer Ecosystem.
- We have published several financial reports as Balancer DAO’s Treasury Manager. See our most recent report on reports.karpatkey.com.
We currently serve the Balancer DAO as Treasury Managers. We also contribute to other DeFi DAOs with similar roles, other finance-related services, and as Delegates.
By delegating to karpatkey, you acknowledge and agree that karpatkey participates on a best-effort basis and will not be liable for any damages related to karpatkey’s participation in governance.