Zen-dragon.eth Delegate Thread

Name: Zen Dragon

Address or ENS: zen-dragon.eth linked to 0x25B70c8050B7e327Ce62CfD80A0C60cCcf057Fa6

Discord username/TG username: Zen Dragon#2923

I have read and understood the Delegate process: Yes.

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: I do. Becoming a delegate for Balancer’s governance system is something of paramount importance to me. I will do everything in my power to uphold the values of the DAO.

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I have been invested in the community for just over nine months and a baller for five at the time of writing. Since joining I gravitated to supporting the community to understand the dynamic systems of the protocol. Notably I wrote extensive documentation on the veBAL governance model and several other functionalities of Balancer. Now I am also a grants co-lead and take consideration of what projects can benefit our Balancer overall to be an everyday train of thought. I believe I can act as an arm of those who trust me to vote in the direction which will benefit Balancer & the community for long term growth & prosperity.

My view on Fernando’s vision 1 for Balancer: I hold Fernando’s vision to be of upmost importance when proposing to be a governance delegate. I got my start by helping the community based on explaining the white paper, or initial framework, in digestible terms. Looking forward, I have been in full support of the new governance system and providing an easy-to-understand environment for projects to build on top of Balancer permitting our protocol phase to flourish in terms of both governance and partner expansion. My interpretation of Fernando’s vision is that making Balancer the best option for teams to build their projects while being fair to our stakeholders is a delegate’s and the greater communities’ purpose.

My web3 interests: I am extremely interested in nuanced value propositions in the Defi space. The implementation of complex financial systems via smart contracts coupled with fair governance is fascinating to me.

Languages I speak/write: English

My skills and areas of expertise: BS in Petroleum & Natural Gas Engineering & worked for University Mathematics department. I created several calculation value function & price impact spreadsheets Value & Swaps [1] - Investments [2] ; and am a major contributor to balancer.tools and have written our entire DAO gitbook. This is in the process of being merged with the official Balancer documentation. My skillset is technically and mathematically oriented and to be more useful for the DAO I am currently learning several coding languages to leverage my skills for our greater benefit.

Other web3 projects I’m involved in: CoWSwap “CoWmunnity Star” (no compensation)

5 Likes

BIP-14
Vote: YES I see this as a core staple for the future of Balancer to progress under dynamic real world circumstances.

BIP-15
Vote: YES - I do believe this gauge is beneficial to the Balancer ecosystem. This hopefully will both expand TVL, outside interests, and overall fee generation for the platform.

BIP-16
Vote: YES - We need to have accountable and reliable people on this team as well as any in Balancer. This change will provide individuals who work in everyone’s best interest.

BIP-17
Vote: YES - There is an initial agreement in place for every DAO contributor to be comepnsated properly under. We need to be sure to honor our prior agreements as best we can. This propsoal allows us to do so before the evolution into Service Provider framework takes place.

BIP-18
Vote: Abstain I am in the proposal as a team member. I will not vote due to conflict of interest.

4 Likes

[BIP-19] Incentivize Core Pools & L2 Usage

Vote: YES A phenomenal framework to implement sustainability to the pools that drive our protocol in a successful direction. I see this as similar to, but more efficient than, the original veBAL proposal, which I also favored and therefore necessary.

[BIP-20] Funding Proposal for Orb Collective

Vote: YES Orb has a proven track record of delivering great products. I am on board and look forward to their future endeavors.

[BIP-21] Funding Proposal for Ecosystem Ops and Development Squad

Vote: NO This was not an easy decision. I am in the camp of conserving capital as best we can. When a bull market returns expanding our resources in this way may be a fruitful investment. For now we need absolute core pillars to be the only ones funded.

[BIP-22] Fund Balancer Grants for Q3

Vote: ABSTAINED because I am a team member in the proposal. I appreciate all those who vote in either direction.

[BIP-23a] AURA/ETH/graviAURA Gauge [Ethereum]

Vote: NO I do not see this as mutually beneficial to both Balancer and Badger. Reference jomox comment from the similar curve proposal. Proposal to add bveCVX/CVX pool gauge - #3 by spadaboom - Proposals - Curve.fi Governance

[BIP-23b] auraBAL/ETH/graviAURA Gauge [Ethereum]

Vote: NO See BIP-23a

[BIP-24] Allocate BAL to a Ribbon Finance Vault

Vote: YES. I am comfortable with the risk reward profile of this investment. We should be pursuing healthy yield opportunities using our treasury funds within reason. The initial proposal was for a larger portion, I voted for and support this smaller amount and hope to see it become a useful line of passive income for the DAO.

[BIP-25] Enable AURA/ETH 50/50 Gauge

Vote: YES. Aura is already and is going to be a crucial part of Balancer’s ecosystem and proves to already be expanding Balancer to new horizons. I appreciate their team and see this synergy as helpful to both parties mutually.

[BIP-7] Enable auraBAL/[8020 BAL/WETH bpt] Gauge [second vote]

Vote: YES. See BIP-25

1 Like