[BIP-XXX]: Funding Proposal for Silverlight

Thank you for posting this proposal.

Based on following criteria, I personally think this proposal doesn’t fit in the current Balancer SP landscape for 2 main reasons

Strategic impact of any external consulting entity is most likely very low

Orb and Maxis already consist of talented and most importantly people that are highly familiar with the inner workings of Balancer. They are all working hard on strategic partnerships and meaningful integrations work. We are meeting every quarter to discuss our strategic focus and align work. So we are already doing what you are suggesting, with Orb in the lead doing a great job.

I personally think Silverlight is proposing work that is already been done by other SPs.

Financial compensation is too high

You are probably aware that most service providers, in particular Orb are cutting costs left and right: Orb Collective November 2022 Update

Our DAO simply can’t afford „irrational“ costs. Given this proposal you are asking for

• $95k USDC
  • 5000 BAL corresponding to $28.5k

over a period of 6 months as a single person as far as I can see from your specification. That would correspond to $247k per annum - we simply can’t afford such costs as it stands right now for strategy work.

One might say the work you do will pay back x-fold but I am in general very skeptical about such services as the measure of success is extremely hard.

Lastly, I personally haven’t interacted with you or saw you active in this forum, Discord or other platforms. I know you interacted with Balancer in Bogota and seemed very knowledgeable of the space. Therefore, I am curious why you are proposing now and why you chose Balancer? :sweat_smile:

These are my personal views and others disagree. Let’s start a dialogue and see where it goes. I just want to make you aware of the current constraints I see for this proposal to realistically pass.

If it comes to a vote, I will abstain as I am part of the foundation.

Edit: fixed link

4 Likes