Balancer has a vision to be a platform for other projects to build on. In pursuit of this goal, the core contributors have implemented a sophisticated technical architecture, an easy-to-use SDK for integrations, and have created custom AMM pools to demonstrate the potential of the Balancer v2 framework.
Balancer would benefit from product and project management. I would like to help develop and refine the value proposition for developers & token projects. And help service provider organizations / Blabs collaboratively deliver results.
I propose a 3-month assignment to provide a research report to inform the platform strategy and develop a project management framework that I will actively manage with Balancer Labs & SP orgs.
Strategy research report
Balancer would benefit from having a detailed understanding of the needs and challenges of web3 developers and projects that could benefit from Balancer technology. A report will seek to answer the following questions:
- Market analysis
- What types of projects/companies/DAOs are expected to be built using defi primitives?
- Who are the target projects for Balancer? What products are they building for users?
- Customer needs
- What are the unique needs of stablecoin issuers? AMM designers? Lending markets?
- What will drive needs and what are the factors that could change expectations?
- Value proposition opportunities
- In addition to an SDK, what other features could differentiate Balancer as a platform for defi developers?
- What pricing models should be considered when partnering / co-launching products with other protocols?
Note: The above list of questions is indicative and could be revised based on discussions with Balancer contributors.
Project management & reporting framework
Contribution to the Balancer protocol has scaled into several service provider organizations and partner projects. Service provider organizations have highlighted the need for closer coordination and project management. As part of this assignment, I will take an active role in cross SP project management and define an operating framework that can guide Balancer projects. Activities include the following:
- Partner effectively with other service provider orgs to accelerate Balancer projects and product development to define the planning & execution process.
- Develop by week and by month project management and reporting framework.
- Review metrics and reporting reports and recommend improvements.
Duration & Costs
2500 BAL paid at the beginning of each month (3)
5000 BAL locked into veBAL for 1-year
Wallet address: 0x145a806E81Ea58087bB5e6165324E57Dababc66a
Name: Andrew Forman
Discord: Andy 4pool#2486
If Approved send 7500 BAL and 5000 USDC to the Grants Multisig at
Send 5000 BAL to Andy at
Upon confirmation that the 5000 BAL has been max locked in veBAL, the grants team would distribute 2500 BAL for the first month’s payment and proceed with distributing 2500 BAL per month for the next two months.
Any expenses incurred by Andy would be submitted to Grants who would disperse USDC to Andy as needed. Any unused USDC at the end of this engagement would be returned to the treasury by grants team.