Additional KPIs for Liquidity Planning

I did some digging through the Dune reports the past few days and I had some ideas for KPIs (key performance indicators), either tweaks to existing reports or new metrics that I think could aid in the liquidity committee decisions and/or general strategy for the platform. I’ve put some reasons or questions it allows you to answer in parenthesis. The length of time can be adjusted or any points below, but 7 days seemed to make sense as a starting point. I can add to this list over time if I think of any additional useful stats.

• Once Arbitrum is added there should be a view that shows growth [in %] of each platform TVL, ETH/Polygon/Arbitrum; 7 days could be good to start with since the LM committee is weekly
  • Pool level growth rates as well; with the change in $ so you can see if a 1000% change is due to a pool going to $10 from $1 (is there a reason why money is being added to a particular pool)
    • What are the swap fees for the pools
      • Revenue change week over week
    • What is the current BAL payout for the pools; total amt and estimated apy (was there a change from last week that could have led to an increased or decreased TVL?)
    • Volume for that week
      • Volume from last week
      • What was volume change like on other platforms, would help identify if it is a global trend or something more internal only
  • Number of new addresses with adds to a pool (does a pool have additional interest for a week, why?)
  • Number of existing addresses with adds to a pool (are people topping up because they like the pool or for another reason?)
  • Number of partial vs total withdraws from a pool (are people raising money for something rather than not liking what the pool is doing for them)
  • Pool to Pool migrations (are people moving assets from one pool to another?)
  • Avg amounts added and removed from pools; weekly vs. monthly averages; could be across all pools and at the pool level; maybe outliers too, helping answer did most of the TVL come from a single contribution rather than many addresses (I saw someone on the discord talking about how EGL was one of the bigger pools right now, but it appears most of the TVL comes from the EGL team for now, this could help you glean that info)
    • I think this helps you get a read on what your user base/target audience is; i.e. many addresses or large institutional type accounts
    • On this same point as above, average position size by address in pool could be useful as well
  • Growth of active users of the platform; could compare values against some of the competing platforms of similar size and strategy, Dune Analytics
  • I saw the volume market share report against some other platforms, it would be interesting to see if the volume was concentrated in any particular token pairs
  • trading activity and revenue percentage of pools against each other that get BAL incentives vs. the percentage of the BAL incentive pool those pools get (is the pool generating a worth for the percentage of incentive it is getting?)
  • tracking TVL of pools after changes to BAL allocated (did the changes in BAL allocation have any real impact?)
4 Likes

Hey @zekraken thank you so much for the valuable feedback! As we talked on Discord, we worked on some of these metrics in other Dune dashboards, such as:

We appreciate your thoughts so if you have any other suggestions feel free to drop here! Also, I’m forwarding your suggestions for supporting LM committee decisions to them.

4 Likes

These are solid numbers. Great to see Polygon utilization rate killing it vs Ethereum market. Lots of native projects building up on Polygon and would be interesting to see when LBP launches on Polygon.

2 Likes