[RFC] Orb Collective’s Path Forward

Thank you for all the information provided @immutbl. I’ve read them and took some time to think about this whole situation during the weekend, talking to a few people and sleeping on it for a couple of nights.

I voiced an opinion last week that the community should have waited for your updated budget, because I was under the impression you were working on a commitment towards “consensus building”, some type of middleground that would appraise to veBAL holders while fulfilling our obligations.

However, I don’t see it moving towards the center. IIUC, you just requested the full amount that was already budgeted for the remaining teams, listing all your obligations and to-do’s for the remainder of Year 1. This “priority list” doesn’t seem to be prioritizing anything at all (aside from @rabmarut RFC here, where you can make some sense of what’s being made an actual priority)

It was also my expectation you would voice legal concerns and implications regarding the operating structure of the DAO, and potential regulatory risks we would have by sunsetting Orb as a US-based company. It was my understanding that there were some benefits at the time of its creation in the original GRC strategy. It would be preferable if those considerations were made, and how is the regulatory landscape today to address those concerns. Without any info in this regard, governance can take this decision solely from the business perspective without any acknowledgement of legal implications.

Finally, I acknowledge the stressful situation and my post here is not intended to cause unnecessary commotion.

2 Likes