Arbitrum’s launch is just around the corner! Balancer will soon be deployed on Arbitrum, bringing all the flexibility that V2 has to offer onto this highly anticipated L2.
In addition to the technical requirements for deploying Balancer on V2, it’s hugely beneficial to have strong liquidity pools as soon as possible. Adding Liquidity Mining Incentives to pools on Arbitrum will help drive Liquidity Providers and therefore traders to utilize Balancer pools.
Simply, I propose to Empower Ballers to allocate BAL to pools on the upcoming Arbitrum deployment of Balancer V2.
I think that discussion both here and in Discord can inform how much BAL should be allocated and where it should come from (BAL allocated to Ethereum and/or Polygon pools).
- Arbitrum’s actual release date to the general public. Scheduled for August, but precise date has not been announced
- Having Balancer V2 completely ready on Arbitrum (contracts, subgraph, UI, token list, etc)
- We should be cautious about fragmenting LM Incentives across networks
- Don’t want incentives to start before everyone can easily add liquidity
- Should Ballers be able to allocate BAL to Arbitrum pools?
- If yes, how much BAL should be allocated to Arbitrum pools?
- Where should this BAL come from?
- What kind of pools should be targeted?