This proposal outlines a collaboration between the Balancer Protocol and _ (Fire Eyes DAO) to act as governance stewards and a strategic partner to the Balancer ecosystem.
Since November 2020, Fire Eyes has been actively engaging with Balancer governance and working with Balancer Labs to steward the Balancer V2 launch. You can read here about our work, but here are some highlights:
_ has always been focused on working alongside communities and projects that we believe are capable of achieving new heights of innovation in token and governance primitives.
This is something we see in Balancer and why we’re excited to present this proposal to the Balancer community outlining a continued scope of work.
_ Fire Eyes DAO will engage with the Balancer community, the Ballers, and Balancer Labs in recurring meetings to develop new governance and token frameworks. This collaboration will be focused on:
Acting as Balancer Protocol Politicians
- Develop new governance proposals and lead discussions on improving the Balancer protocol, and generating value for the ecosystem.
- Work to integrate BAL and BPT tokens into other DeFi protocols
- Help onboard new partners for Liquidity Bootstrapping Pools, Balancer Smart Pools, and other protocol-unique applications like Aave Safety Modules.
Balancer Market Position & Narrative
- Continue to develop the narrative of Balancer v2, asset managers, and protocol-unique applications.
- Work with the community to propose a strategy for the BAL token to expand beyond governance, including potential ways for value capture and benefits for LPs.
These key areas will worked on with _ and the Balancer community through bi-weekly workshops, forum posts & governance proposals.
This proposal outlines a general timeline of 6 months and a commitment from _ to support Balancer as a protocol politician beyond the initial scope.
_ is proposing to be compensated exclusively in BAL tokens vested in accordance with grants larger than 1,000 BAL. This allocation will come from the Ecosystem Fund.
Fire Eyes is requesting 6,666 BAL for a 6 month engagement on the above Scope of Work. The allocation will be vested over 1 year.
Fire Eyes will utilize this allocation to actively participate in Balancer governance and seed liquidity on Balancer V2.
- Skills: Governance, Community, Token Design, Project Strategy.
- James Waugh: Founder Axia Labs focused on Token/Mechanism Design, Contributor MetaCartel and MetaCartel Ventures
FireEyes has had the pleasure of working with amazing teams across the DeFi and broader crypto ecosystem including Aave, Gitcoin, Rocket Pool and others.
_ is requesting a one-time grant of 6,666 BAL vested over 1 year to become a strategic partner and active governance participant.
At the end of the 6 month period, this engagement should be reassessed and evaluated for future extensions.
Balancer finds itself in a unique position to differentiate itself in a growing DeFi battle for capital efficiency and we want to help with that narrative. We look forward to discussing this proposal with the Balancer community and collaborating in the future.