[Proposal] Marketing/Growth grant

Phase 2 Proposal

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback in the discord channel - it seems we definitely want some better analytics as a community! I’m just going to post in here instead of the discord so it doesn’t get lost. For the given proposal I’ve broken everything down so that the community can decide what they would want to built and what they don’t want.

Just a quick note: What I’ve left out here is anything to do with specific wallet balances - after talking to 1saf and doing some further digging there seems to be a lot of work to get this working in a way that we would be proud and happy of. We believe that the following should be very good baseline that is required first before we explore wallet balances.

Tokens

We would want to have an area to display basic token statistics in a table form that is paginated. The concept behind this is to allow people to discover which tokens are driving liquidity. We would look to include

• Liquidity
  • Price
  • Symbol

There would also be a search functionality to be built and potentially some form of filtering functionality to allow for token narrowing

Grant Amount: $2,000 USDC

Pools

This is where the main body of work would be done.

Dash

The concept is to display a main table of all pools with historical performance that then allows them to click into a specific pool page. On this view we would look at displaying the following 30 day historical stats

• Name
  • Tokens + weights
  • Liquidity
  • Trading volume
  • Fee volume
  • Returns (take the BPT price and the difference between now vs 30 days ago)

In addition we would have some search/filter functionality

Grant Amount: $3,000 USDC

Pool

This is where we’d display key information about each pool. We aim to split this into the same as the main dashboard.

We would in addition put links for:

• pools.vision to display BAL rewards
  • Balancer pool to add liquidity
  • Link to exchange to trade

Single Numbers

• TVL
  • Total swap volume
  • Total fees
  • Revenue Ratio
  • Liquidity utilisation
  • BPT price

Graphs

• TVL
  • Total swap volume
  • Total fees
  • Revenue Ratio
  • Liquidity utilisation
  • BPT price

Grant Amount: $10,000 USDC

Note we aim to have these all mobile responsive as is the current dashboard

Total Grant: $15,000 USD

Thanks for this proposal Nick, I think it’s great.

The one addition I would make is to include also the comparison of the BPT value with the value of holding tokens (AKA impermanent loss). So instead of saying your BPT is worth 30% more than a month ago, you can say your BPT is also worth 10% more than your tokens would had you held them separately. This is what uniswapRoi does really well.

If no one raises objections Balancer Labs would like to move ahead with this, especially since the grant you are asking is actually going to be paid in USDC as a company (Balancer Labs) expense and not as a BAL grant from the ecosystem fund.

Yep this should be doable. So basically we are trying to reflect 2 portfolios starting at the same value and seeing what the divergence looks like.

I think though we would have to use Coingecko instead of the internal pool pricing (sometimes subgraph doesn’t seem 100% correct for token prices and I’m unsure how the underlying works) so if there is no Coingecko pricing then we wouldn’t be able to display the HODL scenario.

We’ll finish phase 1 and we’ll start scoping this out in more depth and get to work on it now then :slight_smile:

Just to keep up transparency we have published our roadmap here: https://www.notion.so/tongnk/Roadmap-9ed98832d35a4f18b8444917fcf94177

As well as have started release notes here: https://www.notion.so/tongnk/Release-Notes-65ce817247614660ad95eb25506ad20b

Phase 1 Completion!

Phase 1 of the grant has been completed! Thanks everyone for providing feedback and testing it out - we’ve taken them all into account and have either completed them or have put them on the roadmap.

Dashboard is here now: https://dashboard.balancer.community/

We’re going to be taking a short break before starting phase 2.

Phase 2

We’re planning phase 2 to tackle them in 2 stages:

1. Token related stats - this is the ability to search and view aggregated token stats
  2. Pool related stats - this will be the bulk of the work around providing the same stats that you currently see in the main dashboard to each individual pool

As always, any feedback is welcome. We’ve commandeered the #marketing channel for now so come and join us and give us feedback there!

2 Likes

Great job on the dashboard so far, Nick…