[Proposal] Deploy Balancer on Gnosis Chain

Motivation

I’m proposing to deploy Balancer onto Gnosis Chain allowing users to use this amazing AMM protocol on this chain.

Specifications

Gnosis chain is an EVM-compatible Ethereum Sister Chain. This means any Smart Contract or DApp deployed on Ethereum can also be deployed on GC with minimal changes. Developers and projects can deploy and/or migrate to GC to realize big cost savings and escape congestion. Forks of popular projects are also deployed on GC to take advantage of stable network mechanics, speed and low transaction costs. Applications can move completely to GC, or live on multiple networks at once, serving different audiences and experimenting with different modes of operation and cross-chain interoperability.

Infrastructure - Projects & DApps - Gnosis Chain
Bridges & Interoperability - Projects & DApps - Gnosis Chain

4 Likes

Gnosis is already a close partner, so in that sense, deploying on Gnosis Chain would fit in to the Balancer Ecosystem play.
Who would maintain this deployment though?

2 Likes

What you think is necessary to maintain this deployment? If the Balancer team don’t want to maintain the deployment we as community could maintain the system or even deploy a friendy fork if the our community approves. What you think is the best way to proceed?

2 Likes

you can DM me directly to explore possible scenarios.

4 Likes

@Andrea81 is indeed the right guy from our Partnership subDAO to look into friendly fork ideas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

there is already a fork of Balancer on Gnosis Chain :slight_smile:

@LuukDAO is in contact with them about the possibility of a friendly fork I believe

5 Likes

True but looks like it’s just V1 unless I missed something in my quick glance

3 Likes

yep, but per Luuk they have gotten a grant from Gnosis to migrate to Balancer v2

3 Likes

Nice!
Good to see this but curious why is it only on these two specific chains

2 Likes

Symmetric received a small grant from Celo to deploy Balancer V2 on Celo (as a bonus, they are also deploying on Gnosis Chain).

@Andrea81 will have a meeting with Symmetric on Monday to discuss the details of Symmetric V2 launching on Celo and Gnosis Chain and the potential of becoming a Friendly Fork.

The good thing about Symmetric is that they have a lot of experience with the Balancer technology and are considered native projects for Gnosis Chain and Celo!

5 Likes