Polygon zkEVM is going live with a mainnet beta launch on March-27.
ZkEVM is an EVM-equivalent zk-rollup L2 developed by the Polygon team that is expected to be deployed on March 27th.
This is the right moment for Balancer to deploy on Polygon zkEVM for several major reasons:
- Polygon zkEVM is a zk-rollup that provides Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) equivalence (opcode-level compatibility) for a transparent user experience and existing Ethereum ecosystem and tooling compatibility.
- An Ethereum L2 scalability solution utilizing cryptographic zero-knowledge technology to provide validation and fast finality of off-chain transaction computations.
- A new set of tools and technologies were created and engineered and are contained in this organization, to address the required recreation of all EVM opcodes for transparent deployment and transactions with existing Ethereum smart contracts.
- There’s significant value in Balancer being available on an EVM compatible ZK rollup. Deploying early on zkEVM helps solidify Balancer’s place as the number one DEX and a thought leader.
- Importantly, it will help grow a large list of projects that can be built on Balancer. Additionally, given the community and user uptake Balancer has seen on Polygon PoS, it’s only natural to make its deployment on Polygon zkEVM a priority.
Since ZkEVM is EVM-equivalent, deploying Balancer would require minimal development work. You can find the latest happening on the zkEVM here