This pool uses the ComposableStablePoolFactory-v3 and is composed of one Aave v2 TUSD linear pool and the Euler USDC, DAI, and USDT boosted pool, bb-e-USD. TUSD is not offered in an alternate lending market for it to be incorporated as with a wrapped yield bearing token in a linear pool, making Aave v2 the best choice. This gauge would enter as a “core pool” under BIP-19, meaning protocol fees earned by this pool would be used to bribe for votes on it. The gauge can be uncapped based on the contents being all large cap stable tokens.
USDC: Link to:
• Github Page
• Communities - Coingecko link
True USD (TUSD) Link to:
• Github Page
• Communities - Discord link
Euler and Aave are decentralized lending protocols which Balancer is expects to see continuous growth from in the short and long term. Aave has been common place for Balancer boosted pools in the past and Euler is newly adopted as a yield source. USDC is the dollar backed stablecoin issued by Circle. DAI is the decentralized overcollateralized stablecoin by MakerDAO. USDT is the dollar backed stablecoin issued by Tether.
Balancer’s ability to increase capital efficiency using linear and boosted pools is taking shape across the protocol. This boosted pool fits Balancer’s initiative to be a protocol where LPs can safely tap into external yield sources, while maintaining effective liquidity for swapping. This will earn both LPs and the DAO yield. TUSD is not offered for lending with Euler or Aave v3 making this combination of the bb-e-USD pool and TUSD with Aave v2 the safest, most sensible option for TUSD to have a seat at the boosted pool table.
- Governance: TUSD and USDC are centralized and do not have governance forums. DAI is collateralized by MakerDAO.
- Oracles: This pool only relies on the rate providers of the linear pools to inform when yield is earned.
- Audits: See TUSDs here
- Centralization vectors: TUSD and USDC are inherently centralized.
- Market History: See USDC here . and TUSD here.
- Value: LPs & Balancer will earn the protocol fee on underlying Aave v2 TUSD and bb-e-USD as well as swap fees. BIP-19 will incentivize TVL to continue to grow here with trading volume and this implementation will continue to draw in new volume, as well as showcase the power of these pool types.
Link to pool: 0x483006684f422a9448023b2382615C57c5ecF18f
Link to gauge: 0xA9A63971c55c132aF0e6B39a081e604F07f4e234
The DAO Multisig
0x10A19e7eE7d7F8a52822f6817de8ea18204F2e4f will interact with the AuthorizerAdaptor at
0x8F42aDBbA1B16EaAE3BB5754915E0D06059aDd75 and call performAction with the GaugeController at
0xC128468b7Ce63eA702C1f104D55A2566b13D3ABD for the target(address) argument and using 0x3a04f900 followed by the gauge address
0xA9A63971c55c132aF0e6B39a081e604F07f4e234 and the corresponding gauge type for the data(bytes) argument.