This pool uses the new weighted pool factory and contains a boosted / linear stable pool token bb-a-USD - Balancer’s AAVE boosted stable pool token. Stargate has been moving liquidity over to Balancer and plans to continue pursuing making Balancer their liquidity hub. STG is a governance token which must be staked to apply to Stargate’s governance in a vote escrowed fashion. Stargate focuses on cross-chain / omnibridge solutions. The protocol will be earning yield on the boosted portion of this pool, making the token pairing more efficient for both parties. This gauge would enter as a “core pool” under BIP-19, meaning protocol fees earned by this pool would be used to bribe for votes on it.
bb-a-USD is a Balancer’s primary stable coin liquidity on mainnet, leveraging AAVE’s boosted strategy. STG is the Stargate governance token.
Balancer is pushing for multichain dominance across the Defi landscape and Stargate facilitates this type of initiative. This pool is will support STG holders in providing a healthy destination for their governance tokens and bb-a-USD to benefit LPs, traders, and Balancer overall. This tightens the partnership with Stargate while providing optimized liquidity circumstances for all parties.
- Governance: Find more information about governance on Stargates’s forum. USDC is centralized and does not have a governance forum.
- Oracles: This pool only relies on the rate providers of the linear pools to inform when yield is earned.
- Audits: See here
- Centralization vectors: USDC is inherently centralized, STG can be justified here.
- Market History: See here.
- Value: Balancer will earn the protocol fee on underlying bb-a-USD yield. The BIP-19 flywheel will incentivize TVL to continue to grow here with trading volume and Stargate will continue to build a aligned market capture strategy through Balancer on multiple chains.