[RFC] Staking of BAL for Economic and Governance Benefits

@bakamoto20 yes, stakers would earn BAL rewards, and it would get boosted depending on how long they stake for. I am working on drafting a formula for this this week. Conceptually you’d take the pot of BAL rewards for the pool and would then need to allocate it not just based on the proportion of liquidity provided, but then on (1) whether the LP has staked their BPT and (2) the duration for which they have staked. I will come back towards the end of the week with a proposed formula we can discuss.

@Fernando it’s our pleasure to work on this and we’re super excited to have the opportunity to take a hands-on approach to support the future success of Balancer. On the quadratic voting, in our recent Web 3 Governance Roundtable, what we heard from some of the experts such as Jordan from Synthetix and Arthur from DeFiance Capital was that while there is a risk of sybil attacks, they are actually very very minimal. Having said that, I wonder if we should park the discussion on quadratic voting to a separate proposal which could address other features of voting, such as delegation. WDYT?

1 Like