Hi, following some discussion on the Discord, I would like to formalize the governance process. There isn’t much changes, it is just a description and getting on the same page as to what the process is.
STEP 1: RFC
Start a new conversation under the RFC tag and post it here. The message should contain:
- Background - what are your observations and identified issues?
- The core of your proposals - what is your idea on how to improve the state of the art?
- Dependencies - What is needed to introduce the change?
- Risk assessment - What can go wrong?
- Open Questions
STEP 2: Discussion
- message #brainstorming-and-ideas channel on Discord to draw people’s attention to the RFC.
- monitor the discussion and gather feedback on BOTH Discord and in your forum topic.
STEP 3: Proposal
- Give it about two weeks before you post, in the same topic thread, your proposal.
- The proposal should be a refined RFC that includes all the suggestions from the discussion.
- Change the tag to “Proposal”.
- Give it another week to see if there is any final feedback.
STEP 4: Snapshot
Move into a snapshot vote. The snapshot vote can be created by any wallet that has at least 50BAL.
Note 1: the template for the RFC/Proposal can be also found here
Note 2: The timing in Step 3 is very arbitrary - if there is immediate consensus, you could move to a Proposal after 7 days. Don’t do it too early, tho - you can lose valuable input from someone who was out on holidays or wasn’t paying attention.
TIP Make sure to facilitate the discussion. If you are not getting much reactions, make sure to bring the proposal up on Discord and maybe even tag people whose feedback you’d like. (just don’t tag randomly, just because someone has been active on the forum or Discord - these are likely to be ignored)