Decide on Gauge Unexpected Behavior

Thanks to everyone for this discussion. Some game theory regarding option 1: Those who LP in a specific pool will probably always maximally vote with their veBAL for their specific pool (max self interest) and hope that others will vote for the BAL-ETH-veBAL-Pool. Those who only have vebal will vote for BAL-ETH-veBAL-Pool. As most veBAL-Holders will LP in specific pools (boosting feature) I expect voting for BAL-ETH-veBAL-gauge to be consistently less than 10 percent, if we choose option 1.

I am for option 2, as a lot of people locked their veBAL for that guaranteed 10%

Seems like Option 1 makes life easier.

Given it’s veBAL holders voting only and, the option to do a retro at a later point (mentioned by @Fernando), I’m ok with 1 as well.

2 Likes

Firstly, excited to see the level of thought and discussion that everyones has added.

I’m in support of implementing Option 1 (with the inclusion of removing LMC allocation) and conducting a review at the 8 week mark. This will provide actual data and remove the current levels of uncertainty.

2 Likes

snapshot has been posted: Snapshot

6 Likes

From a security and audit perspective, which option is considered safer? @Fernando

2 Likes

Option 1 because it’s simpler and has less changes.