BIP-[XXX] Aura Multisig Blacklisting for Governance

The votes that made this outcome were all added last minute by wallets that are unequivocally owned by Humpy.

Actually 30 minutes from closure. It is my usual habit to vote before close, not prohibited. Everyone had 3 days to vote . If it pleases you, i will change my timing.

Just to make clear, this was a decision made by a single actor who deservedly acquired a lot of voting power and I’m not questioning the outcome of that snapshot vote. But that doesn’t change the fact that it IS a single actor voting against almost everyone (if not everyone) else in the community.

Allow me to answer by quoting your right-hand man Solarcurve:
Our governance system places BAL holders as the final authority. There is no such thing as a long term vision of the DAO that is not aligned with the vision of BAL token holders. The DAO operates at the pleasure of BAL token holders (they can choose to stop funding us anytime). I believe we should give every opportunity for token holders to express their desires so that the DAO can better serve them.

if two BAL holders have more voting weight (tokens) than a vast majority of other holders, it is appropriate that the desires of the two big holders win out over the vast majority. That is how our system is designed to work.

Aura and other veBAL derivative protocols have sovereignty to decide how to use their veBAL.

And Aura did, by voluntarily and without force, proxying Aura’s veBAL to their corresponding aura investors through viAura strategy.

Similarly to how Aura governance voted to remove voting power of Viaura, which affects me directly. The balancer governance decided to continue with the current strategy of vote. Aura governance decision stops at Aura.

I am not a lawyer but can hardly see a court case if Aura just used the veBAL that they have in the Aura smart contracts as this doesn’t break any rules.

There is loophole, whether deliberate or not, that currently allows Aura to vote with its total veBAL, plus all its viaura holders can vote with the SAME underlying veBAL. In theory 2 times their veBAL. So more votable veBAL than what Aura actually owns.
I am also not a lawyer, however most laymen would conclude to voter fraud should that occur!

4 Likes