Due to the recent vulnerability disclosure, the deployment of the WeightedPoolFactory-v3 is configured to address the potential issues related to Balancer’s previous weighted pools (v2). Tessera Boosted Ape is a unique use case where boosted/linear pools are a perfect fit to increase capital efficiency for LPs and traders. This gauge would enter as a “core pool” under BIP-19, meaning protocol fees earned by this pool would be used to bribe for votes on it.
wstETH Link to:
• Github Page
wstETH is liquid staked ETH. Tessera Staked Ape’s reward vault for the APE token.
Balancer already has significant wstETH liquidity and this pool is regularly our #1 contributor to protocol fees. The goal with this pool is to stimulate additional trading activity with wstETH, thus making our pile of wstETH liquidity even more valuable to the protocol. APE being a somewhat volatile asset will be likely to create good returns for LPs while earning them yield in addition.
- Governance: Find more information about Ape’s governance here.
- Oracles: This pool relies on a rate provider for wstETH which Balancer has been using already for awhile. See here. The linear pool is it’s own rate provider.
- Audits: See wstETH here. APE, stkAPE.
- Centralization vectors: See here for information on wstETH. See audit links for information on APE.
- Market History: See APE here.
- Value: Balancer will earn the protocol fee on wstETH yield. Tessera offers a unique opportunity for Balancer to become a liquidity source and tap into the yield provided on the APE asset as well. By paring with wstETH we also encourage more wstETH trading activity and since wstETH/ETH is one of our largest pools, any increase in trading activity will make wstETH liquidity even more profitable for us.
Link to pool: 0x959216BB492B2efa72b15B7AAcEa5B5C984c3ccA
Link to gauge: 0xD973e86547e810117Db131B94708F429A463535E
The DAO Multisig
0x10A19e7eE7d7F8a52822f6817de8ea18204F2e4f will interact with the AuthorizerAdaptor at
0x8F42aDBbA1B16EaAE3BB5754915E0D06059aDd75 and call performAction with the GaugeController at
0xC128468b7Ce63eA702C1f104D55A2566b13D3ABD for the target(address) argument and using 0x3a04f900 followed by the gauge address
0xD973e86547e810117Db131B94708F429A463535E and the corresponding gauge type for the data(bytes) argument.