[BIP-128] Peace Treaty

sure ser. chief balancer simp and middle man reporting for duty. voters should always feel free to remove me at any time. Maxi funding proposal will come up at the end of the month. Simple denial will see this middle man disappear forever :slight_smile:

god bless

6 Likes

You bring up a good point here, brother. The “middleman” language is probably being misconstrued, so I’ve gone ahead and removed it. It was included as a qualifier, not as general commentary. Solarcurve and others obviously bring an incredible amount of value to Balancer.

2 Likes

https://snapshot.org/#/balancer.eth/proposal/0xb35c6d69ac0f9cf82531bc53ded17102955a3521fc55399b30ae556610881000

1 Like

Hey @GordonGekko_CVP @Punkgod sorry for the late reply,

I assume the word “middleman” refers specifically to me without saying my name, as I have been assisting and supporting “Humpy” and his strategy. I also don’t think it’s the right term since there has always been a line of communication with Balancer (and Aura) and I certainly didn’t limit that same direct line.
Middlemen cannot really exist in such an open system and, same as censorship, do not really work.

I’m very happy to see however that an agreement has been finally reached

5 Likes

The main point here was that the major stakeholders got together and agreed to something instead of operating through governance delegates.

You certainly were a delegate for both Tetu and Humpy, but the Maxis and other entities had their own delegates and the whole thing blew up over how AURA managed it’s delegation. In the end, I think this was about major stakeholders in AURA speaking for themselves directly.

Delegates do exist, and are good for handling high volume governance, but when it comes to making important decisions, it’s best for the parties with the most interest to directly communicate with each other and reach some agreement before going to governance (as eventually ended up happening here).

6 Likes

to me this is the main failure of governance: aura lock is irreversible making it impossible to withdrew bal and thereby voting power once someone decided to join (maybe only out of convenience and for maximizing incentives). It’s possible to trade auraBAL but I don’t see a way to remove the voting power if I am not in line with the decissions of the project anymore.

1 Like