[Proposal] Commission quarterly financial reports through the Messari Hub

Financial reporting is a responsibility of the Balancer Treasury subDAO, this was voted on and approved by BAL holders in January 2022. The Treasury subDAO is already working on quarterly reporting internally.

I therefore think this proposal is redundant, expensive and fails to capture Balancer DAO’s use case, as no consultation has occurred between the two parties.

If the Treasury subDAO wanted support they could use Messari as a resource, but I don’t think a third party should be dictating what Balancer DAO needs.

I therefore do not support this proposal.

2 Likes

https://snapshot.org/#/balancer.eth/proposal/0xbdcf42e5204ea37775b554f33195edea682d4455646622f32850ca46b941a8bf

1 Like

Hi all, I am in the final phase of submitting a grant proposal for the commissioning of Q1 2022 financial reports. As per the delegated responsibility ‘financial reporting’ of the Treasury subDAO, I started discussing and working with the subDAO beginning in December 2021. We have already started working on this undertaking. The structure of this will ultimately guide the Treasury Dashboard that other members are working on for Q2 2022. We appreciate the expertise of Messari Hub and are open to consulting, as needed. The ultimate goal is to ensure the best financial reporting and information about Balancer DAO protocol is available for the community and broader ecosystem.

Given that this is redundant, I do no support this initiative.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! I just want reiterate once more though, the majority of value in this doesn’t come from the data surfacing but the independent analysis from a researcher that contextualizes the data and gets it in front of ~quarter million crypto professionals.

2 Likes

I feel the community should opt for a one time deep dive of the current state and see if the proposal really holds any water before going in any further with this. This may be a good exercise to not only see what independent research brings forth as insights may not be available otherwise and if it really makes the adoption/ process of familiarisation more easier for the people on the periphery looking to interact with the balancer ecosystem

1 Like

Sounds like I might be a bit late.

It is really great to see this go through. Messari has built a great product over the past couple of years and is akin to the Bloomberg Terminal of crypto. Having quarterly Balancer reports there will expose everything that Balancer is doing to a new set of audience that might not be exposed to the nitty gritty of what Balancer is up to on quarterly basis.

If I may suggest, consider expanding the scope of these quarterly reports outside of financials and to include an overview of everything that is happening in the ecosystem all around.

2 Likes