Hexagon Friendly Fork Proposal

I am really excited to see Balancer v2 tech on AVAX via another Friendly Fork.

I can’t help but compare this proposal to the Beet’s proposal. Though I know that every team has a different chemistry, I think there is some great content on ‘how to friendly fork Balancer’ called out by Daniel in his wonderful post below the Beet’s proposal (it’s actually longer than the initial Beet’s proposal).

• If the team has met the general guidelines, allow Ballers to volunteer to be unofficial advisors in the early stages of the project.

• Allow the forking team a period of time to succeed or fail on their own. Every side chain has its own independent community and ecosystem. For the long term success of the protocol, it is incredibly important that the team is either part of the community or is able to successfully integrate into it. We are of the opinion that it is much better that the community on the host chain decides which fork to support, not BAL governance.

• Incentivized BAL pools on the forking platform could serve as a mechanism for token distribution in addition to a standard airdrop. This would provide additional opportunities for BAL holders to earn yield with their existing assets as well as prevent the usual dumps that happen from large amounts of tokens being released into the supply.

Beet’s airdrop required that the position be on both chains (Balancer and Beets) within a certain time frame, which mainly attracted the long time BAL holders. That connection and engagement between BAL 80/20 holders, Ballers, and the Beet’s team really paid off, and helped build a strong community early.

4 Likes