Andrea the Delegatooor

Dear Balancer Community,

I would like to present my candidacy as a voting delegate.

Please find below my introduction card.

Name: Andrea

Address or ENS: collectivegovernance.eth

Discord username/TG username: Andrea | Balancer DAO#0392 / @andreaitalia

I have read and understood the Delegate process: Affirmative

I understand that becoming a delegate is a significant commitment: Affirmative

My reasons for wanting to be a delegate: I have been a tokenholder since the launch of BAL and I’ve been around from the very beginning (back in the days when both Discord and the forum were very quiet). I have followed and dedicated my personal time to the evolution of the Protocol and the community growth. I am a strong believer of the success of Balancer and its technology.

I also have my own ideas and beliefs and, while I am often aligned with the general consensus on how to manage the protocol, there have been occasions where I have expressed doubts and voted against.

Over time there have been some specific cases where I showed my opposition:

Proposal: Onboard Fire Eyes DAO as Strategic Partner

[Proposal] Authorize Treasury subDAO to Allocate BAL to Turbo

[Proposal] Governance Process Revamp 2.0

[Proposal] Commission quarterly financial reports through the Messari Hub

I’ll let you be the judge.

My view on Fernando’s vision for Balancer: I understand his vision and the idea of creating a protocol that adopts the role of a provider of liquidity rather than just being a simple AMM. Fernando wants Balancer to be an underlying product on top of which third party teams build and I agree with his strategy and vision.

My web3 interests: I look at decentralisation, permissionless operations and true ownership. Firm believer of privacy and the original values of crypto: democratisation of finance and financial freedom.

Languages I speak/write: Italian; some Spanish, some English, some Portuguese and some Chinese Mandarin.

My skills and areas of expertise: Dedicated the last six months to the Partnership subDAO.
IRL I’m an Airline Captain based in Europe but travelled the world and lived in many different Countries (UK, Spain, Portugal, China, Thailand, Cambodia and now Greece). Previous Experiences range from a military formation and career to an MsC is Air Transport Management. This experience/formation allows me to understand different cultures, perspectives, understanding people, building relationships and have strong management skills and leadership skills. I’m also not afraid of working hard to get things done.

Other web3 projects I’m involved in: just been hired as Liquidity grant and partnerships lead at Polygon DAO (part time role). I also work closely with Coppelaunch on some other, not directly related projects.

11 Likes

BIP-1
I abstained because I’m not 100% convinced this will be super positive for BalancerDAO.

BIP-2
I voted yes, Gnosis demonstrated over time to be a Balancer supporter and held BAL tokens for a very long time

BIP-3
I voted yes, a natural step to provide liquidity on OP.

BIP-4
I voted yes. Hopefully these events will not happen again after this vote passes

BIP-5
I voted yes. Tribe is one of our main partners.

2 Likes

BIP-6

Voted yes. More of a admin vote at this stage. Not much more to add.

2 Likes

BIP-14
I abstained

BIP-15
I voted yes - standard procedure here

BIP-16
I voted yes- another standard procedure

BIP-17
I voted yes - this will be the last payment in Ballaries and some funds were needed

BIP-18
I abstained - for conflicting interests here. I wish the members success however.

3 Likes

[BIP-19] Incentivize Core Pools & L2 Usage

I voted yes. Even if the concept is not new (Solidly has been experimenting around these ideas for a while with scarce success), I would say that there is not much to lose at this point so let’s try.

[BIP-20] Funding Proposal for Orb Collective

I voted yes because the team is professional and I have faith in their capabilities

[BIP-21] Funding Proposal for Ecosystem Ops and Development Squad

I voted yes because Balancer needs more teams collaborating with each other’s. Given Orb Price tag I didn’t find the price too high given Luuk’e experience and the value his team can probably add.

[BIP-22] Fund Balancer Grants for Q3

I voted yes because I like what Zendragon, Burn and the rest of the team have been doing during the past few months.

[BIP-7] Enable auraBAL/[8020 BAL/WETH bpt] Gauge [second vote]

I voted yes. Not much to add here

[BIP-24] Allocate BAL to a Ribbon Finance Vault

I voted No. I do not agree in engaging with potentially risky and somewhat speculative plays with Treasury.

[BIP-25] Enable AURA/ETH 50/50 Gauge

I voted yes. I like what Aura is doing.

[BIP-7] Enable auraBAL/[8020 BAL/WETH bpt] Gauge [second vote]

I voted yes. Again.

Let’s get this thing back up

as a test, the wallet

Andrea81.eth

voted YES to BIP-83.

1 Like

[BIP-93] Enable BADGER/rETH 50/50 Gauge [Ethereum] w/10% emissions cap
Voted YES
I’ll start with this one as I consider it very important. Badger has shown support, adaptability and resilience (had to deal with many Governance proposals, always aimed at limiting their participation, over the past months and accepted them all). Including setting up a pool which goes, in theory, against their ethos and the BTC centric narrative. I welcome participation to the Balancer ecosystem as the real value is determined by size of the overall ecosystem built around the Balancer protocol (kind of Metcalfe’s law).
I hope Badger will appreciate this vote of confidence and will continue to build and bring value to an ecosystem that needs more external participants. I also hope that the Balancer community understands that yield generation is a fundamental piece but cannot be the ONLY way forward. Value also comes from other factors!

[BIP-94] Enable wstETH/LDO Gauge [Arbitrum] & [BIP-95] **[Enable wstETH/LDO Gauge [Optimism]]
Voted YES
Well, I think Lido is committing a good chunk of their LM LDOs to Balancer. It only makes sense to give them full support with the creation of those two gauges.

[BIP-92] Deploy Liquidity Bootstrapping Pools to BNB Chain
Voted YES
I’ve dealt extensively with Ri, PK and all the rest of this great team in the past. I just love their attitude, politeness and I see huge potential. In favour for this integration and hoping for further opportunities.

[BIP-91] Temporarily Adjust Optimism Fee Split
Voted YES
What to say here? Its an experiment. Lets go ahead and try!

2 Likes

[BIP-103] Karpatkey Balancer Treasury CU Proposal Update

Voted YES
Karpatkey has shown maturity of approach towards Balancer’s Governance and I am happy to have opened a direct channel for the management of the Balancer’s Treasury.

I will continue to provide support and necessary feedback when requested.
Welcome on board

[BIP-107] Retire TEMPLE/DAI & Enable TEMPLE/bb-a-USD 50/50 Gauge w/10% emissions cap [Ethereum]

Voted YES
Temple DAO has shown maturity and the decision of proposing a gauge cap helps to strengthen Balancer Standard Operating Procedures by creating repeated practices that serve to consolidate a certain framework and move away from an idea of pure personal discretion that would only create confusion for future applicants.

1 Like

[BIP-111] Index Coop x Balancer DAO Partnership

Abstained
Index Coop proposal is excellent and I don’t see any major issue with it. However, I’m against treasury swaps of any kind at this stage and I consider the AAVE swap the last one. In general, other members of the community (1) (2) have also shown some lack of propensity towards this type of transactions and I think it makes sense, especially when the exchanged token, in this case INDEX, doesn’t have any specific use case.

1 Like

[BIP-112] Adjust Balancer Snapshot for Aura AIP-17

Voted NO
I have collected enough evidence supporting the suspicion that a coordinated attack on Tetu was going to be set in motion via concentrating voting powers to Aura followed by a proposal to cap veBAL tokenised wrappers like tetuBAL.

As a Delegate of Tetu, I am unable to support such initiatives that would edanger the viability of Tetu and its future success.

3 Likes