[BIP-56] Re-enable CREAM/WETH 80/20 Gauge [Ethereum]

I hate to have to beat a dead horse here. The CREAM<>WETH gauge as many others are clearly, not subjectively, unhealthy for Balancer. Please reference a multitude of information shared throughout the forum on this, mainly financials on the kill proposal. The gauge framework will be a step in the right direction, as quite clearly we can see BIP-19 has been.

You mention cost control measures in your comment to Xeonus, which I also find quite important. Currently the DAO will not be default alive extrapolating current rates across a year as Xeonus highlights in the State of Treasury. In regards to the gauge, this boils down to 2 things.

The first being this pool has roughly 3k USD TVL right now, so it is not earning a gauge by any means. Fees will not be generated by a stagnant farming pool. If there is a strong belief that Balancer is the place for CREAM, the pool should not have been drained. Please see how the THX discussion for re-enabling their gauge was approached. Their gauge was killed and if you graphed their pool’s TVL you would not even know when it happened.

The second, and more primarily, is an immense opportunity cost of emissions no longer being directed to new projects or profitable pools. To approve this gauge would prove any concern for DAO finances to be hollow at best. Counteracting the costs is possible with the emissions bringing in healthy and useful TVL. Overall, i do not support this motion.

6 Likes