[BIP-19] Incentivize Core Pools & L2 Usage

I’ll re-iterate that I am very open to competing bribing platforms making a proposal to be included in this initiative. Hidden Hand is simply the best option to get this off of the ground right now and I view this as a time sensitive proposal.

With the launch of Hidden Hand’s Aura marketplace I want to clarify how that changes the OP as we head into a likely vote next week. As discussions progressed it was decided the simplest technical implementation was to proceed with separate marketplaces in the short term. Eventually the goal is to have a “bribe optimizer” which will automatically allocate bribes across all Balancer related marketplaces proportional to voting power of each system. If/when this is available it will be the preferred method for allocating the core pool bribes.

In the interim I believe the best option is to proceed with bribing both the Aura & Balancer (native veBAL) marketplaces proportionally to the voting power of each system. In other words, a manual bribe optimizer effectively.

Example: veBAL’s share of fees from the wstETH/WETH pool is 30 wstETH. Aura holds 20% of veBAL according to Dune. Thus, 6 wstETH (in USDC) is allocated as a bribe for the wstETH/WETH pool on the Aura marketplace and 24 wstETH (in USDC) is allocated as a bribe on the Balancer marketplace.

Any competing system to Aura that gains 20% or more of veBAL supply and has an associated marketplace (HH or otherwise) would be eligible for automatic inclusion in this initiative (would not need a vote). If Aura or any competing system falls below 20% of veBAL supply they would no longer be eligible to receive core pool bribes.

Any marketplace other than Hidden Hand supporting veBAL or vlAURA would need to present a proposal to be eligible to receive core pool bribes.

The current plan is to put this proposal to the Governance council on June 30th and if the snapshot passes, the first core pool bribes would land on July 11th.

3 Likes